Snow Trek in Manali
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Location : Manali Valley
Duration : 4D/3N
Level : Easy
Height : 12,000 ft
Pick Up/Drop : Patlikuhal, Manali
No details found.
Reporting at Rumsu Base Camp and Acclimatization walk. (6,500 ft)
Reach Naggar base camp by 8 AM. Freshen up and Registration.
Visit Naggar, a famous tourist destination via a short trek.
Explore the rich historic aura of Naggar via the beautiful Naggar Castle, Tripura
Sundari and Gauri Shankar temple and the famous Roerich Art Gallery.
Overnight stay at Naggar home stay.
Trek to Rumsu base camp. (6,500 ft | 5 km | 2-3 hrs)
Start by 9 AM for Rumsu, a high altitude Himalayan village via a short hike of 2 hours.
Once at Rumsu, check in to our camp, a beautiful homestay at an altitude of 6,500 ft.
Post lunch, take a short hike around Rumsu village to explore the rich culture of a Himalayan
Overnight stay at Rumsu camp.
Trek to Sterling Forest (9,000 ft | 3 km | 3-4 hrs)
Start by 9 AM after breakfast and with packed lunch for the trek to Sterling forest.
Sterling is a wide meadow amidst dense Himalayan forest, with gentle snow
slopes where participants can enjoy a lot of snow activities like snow slides and making
The trek to Sterling is a steep climb and takes around two to three hours to reach. A
short hike for an hour from Sterling takes you to an open meadow known as
Ghankulhadi. It offers some of the most amazing views of the Dhauladhar range.
The descent route from Sterling to Rumsu is a gradual one and takes not more than
a couple of hours.
Bonfire in the evening at Rumsu. Overnight stay at Rumsu camp.
Manali visit and departure
The day starts with a drive to Manali from Rumsu after breakfast.
Manali has a lot to offer in terms of old historic temples of Hidimba, beautiful Nature Park and
the famous Mall road to shop souvenirs and try some local cuisine.
Participants will explore all of these places via walk and will be accompanied by our Guide.
Departure by 5 pm from Manali.
- Accommodation – You will be staying in lodges at Sankri and in tents on the remaining days of the trek (3 person/tent).
- Meals – (Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner). We provide simple, nutritious Veg/Jain food on all days of the trek
- Rucksack -- A 60-liter bag with rain cover is provided for use in trekking. You can deposit your extra luggage with your bags at our campsite.
- Camping charges – All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
- Trekking equipment – High-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. Sleeping bags can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC.
- Gaiters – To prevent snow from entering inside your shoe.
- Microspikes - Helps you walk on hard snow terrain.
- Safety equipment – First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter, etc. will be with the guide/trek leader and at the campsite as well to deal with emergencies.
- Expert Trek Leaders – All our trek leaders are at least qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering and first aid courses.
- Expert Trek support team – The mountain staff on this trek consists of certified guides, cooks, helpers, and porters.
- Personal Insurance - via ASC360 Level 2
- GST 5%.
- Backpack offloading charges
- Cost of Emergency
- Bottled water.
- Any personal expense.
No Details Found
There are no reviews yet.