- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Location : Sankri, Dehradun
Duration : 5D/4N
Level : Moderate
Height : 12,500 ft
Pick Up/Drop : Sankri
How to reach Sankri?
By Bus: Take a bus headed towards Sankri from Dehradun. It leaves at 6.00 am from Dehradun Railway station.
By taxi: The distance from Dehradun to Sankri is about 200 kms and it takes about 8 hours of drive. Cab
services are frequent and readily available from Dehradun. Transport options are available in the form of
shared ride via Tempo Traveller/Sumo/Innova.
Pick up/Drop: Trekkers must report at Sankri village in the evening after 3 pm. POC details will be emailed
prior to the event.
Arrival in Sankri (6400 FT)
Arrive in Sankri, which is the starting point of the trek. The distance from Dehradun to Sankri is about 200 kms
and it takes about 8 hours to drive. Cab services are frequent and readily available from Dehradun (around
5,500 INR). Members can pre book their ride via operators in advance and can share the prices on a per head
Reach Sankri, the base village of Kedarkantha Trek by 4 PM. The entire trek route is very scenic and
mesmerizing, with especially the last part in which we pass through Govind life sanctuary. Once at Sankri,
members will undergo the registration process by 5 PM and will attend the briefing for the trek at 6 PM
followed by distribution of items like Rucksack, Gaiters, Microspikes and Trekking sticks. Overnight at Sankri
Sankri to Juda Ka Taal | 9,000 feet | Duration: 5 hours.
Start early after breakfast for the first campsite Juda Ka Taal from Sankri. The trek distance is just 5 Kms and is
easy all the way till Juda Ka Taal campsite. Spot woodpeckers on the way as they are pretty common in the
region. Encounter a larger green meadow on the way, which is generally used as lunch point for the trekkers.
Swargarohini peak can be seen from here. The trek is easy with full of amazing views. Overnight stay at Juda Ka
Juda ka Taal to Kedarkantha Base Camp | 11,200 feet | Duration: 3 hours.
The trek from Juda Ka Taal campsite to Kedarkantha base camp is short but starts early to suit against the
snow conditions. As soon as we start the trek, Juda Ka Tal comes enroute. The lake remains almost frozen at
this point of the year. It takes around 3-4 hours to reach Kedarkantha base camp from the lake. At night, the
snow-clad mountain peaks shine bright as the moon, and we will clearly see Kedarkantha from the campsite.
Sleep early to get ready for the early summit push for the peak.
Kedarkantha Base Camp – Kedarkantha Peak(12,500 Feet) – Hargaon | 8,450 feet | Duration: 8 hours.
Start the day early with a wake up call at 2:30 AM for the summit push. The trek is moderate as it gets steep at
a few points. The trek commences at 4 AM with head torches at a slow moving pace towards the summit. The
way light comes and what happens in the sky is amazing, a variety of colours you will see in the sky. The
summit offers some of the most spectacular views of Yamunotri and Gangotri Ranges. At the summit we will
spend some time and return back to Kedarkantha base camp for Hot Lunch. After some short break,
participants will continue their descent till Hargaon campsite which takes almost a couple of hours.
Hargaon –Sankri | 6,400 feet | Duration: 3 hours.
The last day of the trek is easy with snow slopes to descend. It usually takes around 3-4 hours to descend
from Hargaon to Sankri. Participants can reach Sankri by 1 PM and manage to take departure for Dehradun.
Cabs are frequently available for Dehradun from Sankri.
- Accommodation – You will be staying in lodges at Sankri and in tents on the remaining days of the trek (3 person/tent).
- Meals – (Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner). We provide simple, nutritious Veg/Jain food on all days of the trek
- Rucksack -- A 60-liter bag with rain cover is provided for use in trekking. You can deposit your extra luggage with your bags at our campsite.
- Camping charges – All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
- Trekking equipment – High-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. Sleeping bags can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC.
- Gaiters – To prevent snow from entering inside your shoe.
- Microspikes - Helps you walk on hard snow terrain.
- Safety equipment – First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter, etc. will be with the guide/trek leader and at the campsite as well to deal with emergencies.
- Expert Trek Leaders – All our trek leaders are at least qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering and first aid courses.
- Expert Trek support team – The mountain staff on this trek consists of certified guides, cooks, helpers, and porters.
- Personal Insurance - via ASC360 Level 2
- GST 5%.
- Backpack offloading charges
- Cost of Emergency
- Bottled water.
- Any personal expense.
No Details Found