- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Location. : Manali Valley
Duration : 6D/5N
Level : Moderate
Height : 13,800 ft
Pick Up/Drop : Patlikuhal/Manali
Batch Size : 30
No details found.
Reporting at Rumsu Base Camp in Manali.
The first day of the itinerary is kept for rest and Acclimatisation. To reach base camp on time, one should
board a bus for Manali from Delhi by 6 PM. Get down 20 kms before Manali at a junction called "Patli-kuhal".
Transport options are readily available from Patlikuhal for Rumsu village [11 kms] . [Sumo - 700 INR while small
car - 500 INR]
Once at Rumsu village follow the trail for Kailashrath Treks base camp.
At Base camp, members will undergo a registration process and then head for an Acclimatization walk. After
the walk participants will be distributed Trekking bags and Trekking Sticks.
Drive to Hamta dam and trek to Chikka | 9,514 feet | 2 hours.
After breakfast we will start the day’s trek with a beautiful drive to Hamta dam from Rumsu at 8 am. The trek
to Chikka starts from Hamta Dam and is easy. It takes around 2-3 hours to complete it. There is a small forest
patch followed by two wooden bridges before you reach the campsite. Chikka has big rock boulders and a
beautiful waterfall and offers an amazing experience of riverside camping.
Overnight in tents at Chikka.
Chikka to Balu ka Ghera | 11,900 feet | 5 hours.
After breakfast we will start the trek for Balu Ka Ghera. Trek duration is around 5 to 6 hours from Chikka to
Balu ka Ghera, scaling to an altitude of 11,900 feet. The initial part of the trek goes through the right bank of
Hamta river crossing a few rock boulders. There is a water stream that needs to be crossed on the way
followed by a 3 hours trek to Balu Ka Gera.
Balu ka Ghera is a large plain ground on the bank of the river and camping at this spot is a dream in reality.
One can spot Indrasan, the highest peak of Manali valley from here. Overnight camping at Balu Ka Ghera.
Balu ka Ghera to Shia Ghoru | 14,009 feet | 8 hours.
Today’s trek starts early as we will try covering the maximum snow patch before sunrise. The trek route from
Balu Gehra towards Shia Ghoru is a moderate climb, scaling more than 14,000 feet. The trek duration is
relatively long and starts by 5 am in the morning from Balu ka Gera. It takes around 4 to 5 hours to reach the
top of the Hamta Pass. The aerial views of Spiti valley from Hamta Pass are quite breathtaking. We will then
descend from Hamta top towards Shia Ghoru. The descent is steep and at times when snow is abundant one
can slide down to reach Shia Ghoru. Overnight stay at Shia Goru.
Shia Ghoru to Chandrataal to Chatru | 12,450 feet | 3 hours trek and 6 hours Jeep ride.
After breakfast we will start the trek to Chatru which takes around 3 hours. From Chatru we will drive in
vehicles to the majestic Chandrataal lake. The ride takes you to one of the most famous high altitude roads of
India connecting Manali to Kaza. Chandrataal, with its clear water presenting one of the most sublime views of
a beautiful lake amidst the arid mountains of Spiti valley. Participants will get their deposited luggage at
Chatru while they will return all the issued gear. Overnight stay at Chatru.
Jeep Ride from Chatru to Manali bus stand | 6,550 feet | 6 hours Jeep ride.
After morning breakfast we will start the jeep ride to Manali via Atal Tunnel. We will be reaching by 1pm to
Manali. While booking return bus tickets, book a volvo after 7 PM from Manali to keep some buffer time as
there are chances of traffic while driving down towards Manali.
- Accommodation – You will be staying in tents on the remaining days of the trek (3 person/tent).
- Meals – (Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner). We provide simple, nutritious Veg/Jain food on all days of the trek
- Rucksack -- A 60-liter bag with rain cover is provided for use in trekking. You can deposit your extra luggage with your bags at our campsite.
- Camping charges – All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
- Trekking equipment – High-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. Sleeping bags can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC.
- Gaiters – To prevent snow from entering inside your shoe.
- Microspikes - Helps you walk on hard snow terrain.
- Safety equipment – First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter, etc. will be with the guide/trek leader and at the campsite as well to deal with emergencies.
- Expert Trek Leaders – All our trek leaders are at least qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering and first aid courses.
- Expert Trek support team – The mountain staff on this trek consists of certified guides, cooks, helpers, and porters.
- Personal Insurance - via ASC360 Level 2
- GST 5%.
- Backpack offloading charges
- Cost of Emergency
- Bottled water.
- Any personal expense.
No Details Found