- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Location. : Manali Valley
Duration : 5D/4N
Level : Moderate
Height : 14,000 ft
Pick Up/Drop : Patlikuhal/Manali
Batch Size : 30
No details found.
Reporting at Rumsu Base Camp in Manali.
The first day of the itinerary is kept for rest and Acclimatisation. To reach base camp on time, one should
board a bus for Manali from Delhi by 6 PM. Get down 20 kms before Manali at a junction called "Patli-kuhal".
Transport options are readily available from Patlikuhal for Rumsu village [11 kms] . [Sumo - 700 INR while small
car - 500 INR]
Once at Rumsu village follow the trail for Kailashrath Treks base camp.
At Base camp, members will undergo a registration process and then head for Acclimatisation walk. After the
walk participants will be distributed Trekking bags, Microspikes( for better grip on slippery snow), Gaiters(to
prevent snow entering your shoes) and Trekking Sticks.
Drive to Hamta dam and trek to Chikka | 9,514 feet | 2 hours.
After morning breakfast we will start the day’s trek with a beautiful drive to Hamta dam from Rumsu at 8 am.
The trek to Chikka starts from Hamta Dam and is easy. It takes around 2-3 hours to complete it. There is a
small forest patch followed by two wooden bridges before you reach the campsite. Chikka has big rock
boulders and a beautiful waterfall and offers an amazing experience of riverside camping.
Overnight in tents at Chikka.
Chikka to Jwara| 11,900 feet | 6 hours.
After breakfast we will start the trek for Jwara. Trek duration is around 4 hours from Chikka to Jwara, scaling
to an altitude of 11,000 feet. The initial part of the trek goes through the right bank of Hamta river crossing a
few rock boulders. There is a water stream that needs to be crossed on the way followed by an hour trek to
the camp. Overnight stay at Jwara Camp.
Jwara to Hamta Pass and descend to Jwara camp | 14,000 feet | 7 hours.
Today’s trek starts early as we will try covering the maximum altitude. The trek route from Jwara towards
Hamta Pass is a moderate climb, scaling more than 14,000 feet. The trek duration is relatively long and starts
by 5 am in the morning from Jwara. It takes around 4 to 5 hours to reach the top of the Hamta Pass. The aerial
views of Spiti valley from Hamta Pass are quite breathtaking. We will then descend back to Jwara camp for
overnight stay. The descent is steep and at times when snow is abundant one can slide down to reach camp.
Descend to Hamta Dam and Jeep Ride to Manali bus stand | 6,550 feet | 4 hours trek and 1 hour Jeep ride.
After breakfast we will start the descent towards Hamta Dam. The descent is easy and remains the same as
the ascend route. We will be reaching by 1pm to the dam and continue with a jeep ride to reach Manali.
Departure from Manali by 5 PM.
- Accommodation – You will be staying in tents on the remaining days of the trek (3 person/tent).
- Meals – (Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner). We provide simple, nutritious Veg/Jain food on all days of the trek
- Rucksack -- A 60-liter bag with rain cover is provided for use in trekking. You can deposit your extra luggage with your bags at our campsite.
- Camping charges – All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
- Trekking equipment – High-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. Sleeping bags can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC.
- Gaiters – To prevent snow from entering inside your shoe.
- Microspikes - Helps you walk on hard snow terrain.
- Safety equipment – First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter, etc. will be with the guide/trek leader and at the campsite as well to deal with emergencies.
- Expert Trek Leaders – All our trek leaders are at least qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering and first aid courses.
- Expert Trek support team – The mountain staff on this trek consists of certified guides, cooks, helpers, and porters.
- Personal Insurance - via ASC360 Level 2
- GST 5%.
- Backpack offloading charges
- Cost of Emergency
- Bottled water.
- Any personal expense.
No Details Found