- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Location : Lohajung, Uttarakhand
- Duration : 5D/4N
- Level : Moderate
- Height : 12,500 ft
- Pick Up/Drop : Lohajung
How to reach Lohajung?
- For reaching Lohajung, members can either reach Dehradun or Kathgodam via train from New Delhi and then continue with a jeep ride for Lohajung. Lohajung is 280 kms from Haridwar and 220 kms from Kathgodam and it takes about 10-11 hours to drive.
- Cab services are frequent and readily available from Haridwar and Kathgodam. Members can pre book their ride via operators in advance and can share the prices on a per head basis.
Arrival in Lohajung | 7,600 ft
Reach Lohajung by 4 PM. It’s a beautiful village in the Uttarkashi district. The entire trek route is very
scenic and mesmerizing. Once at Lohajung you will be able to spot the famous Nanda Ghunti peak.
The village falls to be the centre of 15-16 small villages. There are a couple of stores available to shop
any of the items if you have missed.
Members will undergo the Registration process at 5 PM and will attend the briefing for the trek at 6
PM followed by distribution of items like Rucksack, Gaiters, Microspikes and Trekking sticks.
Overnight at Lohajung base camp.
Lohajung to Bekaltal (Khopdalia) | 7,600 ft to 9,700 ft | 6 km | 5 hrs
The trek starts from Lohajung chowk and goes via Mandoli village. As you keep gaining the height the
views of Kali valley become clear.
Halt for your lunch break at Begum and capture the amazing views of Navali Bugyal and Bagdi Bugyal.
The trail from here enters thick Oak forests and keeps climbing moderately until you reach your
campsite for the day, Khopdalia.
Bekaltal sits just above this camp. The lake is surrounded by thick clusters of Oak trees and is always
brown because of the dense forest foliage available. In winter a thin layer of ice is formed on the
Overnight stay at Khopdalia.
Bekaltal to Brahmatal | 9,700 ft to 10,900 ft | 6 km | 5-6 hrs
The trek for the day starts with a steep climb to Oak and Rhododendron forest with Bekaltal to your
The trek then leads after an hour to a flat meadow offering a spectacular panorama of Mt Trishul and
Mt Nanda Ghunti with their associated ranges. One can also spot the Roopkund trail from here.
After an hour hike from here one reaches Jhandi Top which offers an even better view of the
The trail from Jhandi Top to Brahmatal is a gradual descent and takes around an hour to reach. The
campsite of Brahmatal lies 500 meters away from the lake and will traverse the next day.
Overnight stay at Brahmatal campsite.
Brahmatal to Khorurai via Brahmatal Top | 10,900 ft to 11,200 ft via 12,250 ft | 7 km | 7 hrs
Start the day early to take advantage of the weather conditions. Traverse the snow covered grassland
to reach Brahmatal lake via a 10 minutes trek from Brahmatal campsite.
The lake sits in the middle of grassland and offers a very scenic view with a thin layer of ice formed
From Brahmatal, take the trail to the left and climb up to traverse the pass and descend to Khorurai,
the camp for the day.
Once on the top of the ridge, spot the majestic views of Mt Trishul and Mt Nanda Ghunti.
The descent to Khorurai offers great views of the Mountains such as Chaukhambha, Mandi, Mana,
Nilgiri, Neelkanth and Maitoli in addition to above.
Khorurai to Lohajung | 11,200 ft to 7,600 ft | 6 km | 5-6 hrs
The descent to Lohajung is easy and goes through Oak and Rhododendron forest with two small
streams in between to traverse.
It takes around 3 hours to reach the base camp at Lohajung.
Departure at 1 PM.Participants can go to Haridwar/Kathgodam today. Cabs are available on request.
- Accommodation – You will be staying in tents on the remaining days of the trek (3 person/tent).
- Meals – (Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner). We provide simple, nutritious Veg/Jain food on all days of the trek
- Rucksack -- A 60-liter bag with rain cover is provided for use in trekking. You can deposit your extra luggage with your bags at our campsite.
- Camping charges – All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
- Trekking equipment – High-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. Sleeping bags can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC.
- Gaiters – To prevent snow from entering inside your shoe.
- Microspikes - Helps you walk on hard snow terrain.
- Safety equipment – First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter, etc. will be with the guide/trek leader and at the campsite as well to deal with emergencies.
- Expert Trek Leaders – All our trek leaders are at least qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering and first aid courses.
- Expert Trek support team – The mountain staff on this trek consists of certified guides, cooks, helpers, and porters.
- Personal Insurance - via ASC360 Level 2
- GST 5%.
- Backpack offloading charges
- Cost of Emergency
- Bottled water.
- Any personal expense.
No Details Found
There are no reviews yet.